Interview with Donna Vivino


Here are Some Questions I asked Donna Vivino, and she graciously answered them! Thank You so Much Donna :)
Donna- Who were your big inspirations to get into Musical theatre and Broadway?
DV: I was inspired by the movie WEST SIDE STORY that I watched when I was in elementary school.
If there is one person you could meet, who would it be?
DV: I would love to meet my great grandfather from my father's side of the family. I never got the chance to meet him and I would love to have talked to him about what it was like to come to America.
What is one Elphaba that you have not seen that you would like to see?
DV: I want to meet the Elphaba from Gregory Maguire's novel. I don't think that is too likely though!
With the exception of Katie who was the actual first you went on with, who was the first Glinda you performed with?
DV: I did my "put-in" rehearsal...which is technically a dress rehearsal although I was the only one in costume -- I did my first run-through as Elphaba with Laura Woyasz as my Glinda.
What is your favorite song in the show and Why would you say it is your favorite?
DV:The Wizard and I. It is so full of hope and I love being able to portray that side of Elphaba.
What is your favorite scene in the show and Why would you say it is your favorite?
DV: The bedroom scene with Glinda. It is such a great scene where we get to really see the friendship develop between the two girls.
What is your favorite costume in the show and Why would you say it is your favorite?
DV: I love the Act Two dress -- obviously. It is just so beautifully made!
What role on Broadway would you love to Play that you have not?
DV: One that isn't written yet. Truly. I want to originate a role in an original musical!
What is the craziest thing you have signed at a Stage Door?
DV :I was asked to sign a young boy's forehead.
What is the funniest thing that has happened to you while playing Elphaba?
DV: Richard (Fiyero) and I have gotten stuck together at the end of the show when we pull away from each other after hugging. The straw from his scarecrow costume has gotten caught on the buttons on my costume and sometimes it takes a while for us to get unsnarled.
Thank you Donna! :)

You are welcome.