My love affair with the Clarisonic



This was originally written for the Striking Skin Care Blog, but since I’m the author, I’m posting it here as well.
Sometimes I’m just wrong; and I was dead wrong when it came to the Clarisonic. About three years ago, someone on the board of directors for the company that I was working for asked me if I had ever heard of the Clarisonic. I had not. I did a little research, looked at the price ($195) and quickly dismissed it as another overpriced gadget. Boy, was I wrong.

I started asking around, and found a former boss who had a Clarisonic and loved it. She’s also a woman who spends a lot on skin care and procedures, so $195 is “lunch money” to her. But I value her opinion, so I dug into the site to learn more. I eventually became so intrigued that I suggested to the president of the company that I worked for that we talk to Clarisonic about a partnership. No one in the office had a Clarisonic, let alone had ever heard of one, so they graciously sent over several brushes for the staff to try.

My moment of conversion came when I used the brush. I had been battling a horrible bout of eczema on my face for almost two years and nothing seemed to work. After two days of using the Clarisonic, my eczema was gone. That was enough to make me become a believer. My theory is that it cleaned my skin so efficiently that the products I was using to combat my eczema could finally penetrate and do what they were supposed to do.

Since then, I have been singing the praises of the Clarisonic. It makes every skin care product that you use work better. Within a week of using it, people will start to ask you what you’ve done to your skin.

Just how does it work? Here’s some information pulled directly from the company’s website:

Benefits beyond just clean skin: Clarisonic improves the appearance of skin tone and reduces the appearance of pore size
Clarisonic is the sonic technology proven to gently yet effectively loosen dirt and oil to clear your pores. The Clarisonic Cleansing System uses a patented sonic frequency of more than 300 movements per second to clean, soften and smooth your skin. In just 60 seconds a day, the Clarisonic micro-massage action cleans more than twice as effectively as manual cleansing.

Clarisonic Sonic Cleansing Benefits
Removes 6x more makeup than manual cleansing
Leaves skin feeling and looking smoother
Cleanses so well that products absorb better
Gentle enough for twice daily use
Helps reduce oily areas, dry skin patches and blemishes
Helps reduce the appearance of visible pores
Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles

This is a product that delivers. Within a week of using it, people will start to ask you what you’ve done to your skin. I love this product so much, that I’ve personally sold five brushes to friends and family that are now as enthusiastic about this product as I am. Just a head’s up: Clarisonic is not a “cheap date”. The brushes range in price from $225 to $149 and it is worth every single penny. The bottom line is, if you want to get the most out of the skin care products that you are using, you’ll work this brush into your budget. I promise you won’t be disappointed.