Something to warm the belly and heart


A very simple chicken soup

3 chicken breast halves
roughly 4qts water
1 can chicken broth
6-7 tsp chicken base
1-1 1/2 cups cut carrots
1-1 1/2 cups fresh cut celery
1tbsp pepper, more or less depending on how much you want
salt to taste
1/3 bag of egg noodles (or 8oz elbow macaroni)

Place water in stock pot and bring to a boil. Add chicken and boil chicken until done. In the meantime cut up carrots and celery and place to the side. When chicken is done let cool then shred. Add more water if necessary to make 4 quarts. Add all ingredients except pasta. Bring to a slow boil for about 1 hour. Pour in pasta and let boil according to package. Serve hot with some buttered Italian bread on the side.


This recipe came to me awhile ago from my mom when I wanted to make chicken soup for a sick friend. After some reluctance she decided she would allow me to have to so I can pass it down in years to come. I thought I would share it now. I am making it once again for another friend who is sick. This soup is very easy and it reminds me of my moms homemade dinners when I was little. This is one of her favorites to make. This was also the soup that cured everything from an upset stomach, a sore throat, a scraped knee, and even a bad day! This is def one recipe that I will make sure to make my family and friends, not only when someone is sick but as a pick me up soup or even as a reminder of the good that comes from cooking at home. After all chicken soup really is good for the soul! I am looking forward to sharing this recipe not only now but in the future! Enjoy! After all its just about a girl!
Shawna Marie