It has been way too long...

I haven't blogged in, well, it feels like forever. I have had so many things I wanted to write about, but I just haven't had the time wanted to. I have been very LAZY. I had an amazing photo shoot with this lovely lady here, climbed up 4 mountains, picked up my dress for my brother's wedding, and so many more fun things I could talk about. I just don't know where to start. How about some pretty pictures?! Sounds good to me! 

Emily is a mutual friend of Matt and myself. I met her through one of Matt's bandmates. She is such an amazing photographer, as you can see in her pictures. I am so glad I met her! A few of the photos she took are below! Enjoy!










Okay, so as most of you know I am not too keen on working out. It's not that I don't like to, it's just that when I start a workout regiment and don't see results almost immediately I will stop working out. I lose interest. I know that I will never be able to see results that quick. I grew up cheerleading and have always been in really good shape. Now that I am not doing that anymore, and have been being a bit of a booze bag, I am not as in shape as I used to be. I am not complaining about my weight at all, because I think I am the perfect weight, there are just some areas that I would like to work on. I just need to get motivated, or maybe have a workout partner to keep me motivated. That is the only way I will stick to a routine.

That being said, some of us decided it would be a great idea to climb 3 mountains. You heard me right. Climb 3 mountains, just for FUN. We climbed Franconia Ridge in The White Mountains in New Hampshire. It was a 9 mile hike from beginning to end. The very least, it was tough. Let me show you what I am talking about.

{ That was SUPPOSED to be fun }

I will say, however, it was very rewarding a week later. You know, once I recuperated from my legs almost falling off. Matt said I kept walking like I was doing the robot, so you can only imagine. Here are a few more photos from that trip:



{ Matt and Taylor pretending to drive Harley's }

{ A Lord of the Rings reference, IDK }

{ Little Haystack }

{ Matt and I, kind of blurry }

 { View from Little Haystack, looking at Mt. Lincoln }


{ Matt and I arrived at the top of Mt. Lafeyette }

There are many more pictures, i just don't want this post to be absurdly long. I shall put more up during another post! Some more highlights from this trip include:

-On the way up to New Hampshire, because it was bike week, about a million motorcycles passed us. On one of these said motorcycles the was a very large woman. She was driving the bike and clearly didn't notice that her pants had fallen down passed her bum and her thong was showing to the entire world. So funny.

-The word "Marginal". Taylor and Emily kept saying this word the entire trip. I asked repeatedly what it meant, only to be ignored. (they thought I was joking) Finally, I had to stop one of them and ask what it meant, only to find out it means "Mediocre"! I'm not that good with words!

-My lovely boyfriend chewing on a tree branch, only to find out it was infested with spiders. YUCK!

-As we were climbing up the first mountain I kept smelling poo. Taylor kept telling me it was the mud. "Shawna, it's the mud. It's only the mud." Come to find out, it was him crop dusting all the way the mountain!

-We met a woman who was climbing the MOUNTAINS with nothing but chapstick. She had circled us probably around 3 times. When she finally met up with us for the last time, we asked her where her water was. She claimed she could "drink her water vapors" from sweating. She actually called herself a camel!

-Endless stops for handfuls of trail mix and pp&j sandwiches.

-And Brian saying he wrestled a bear, only to find out he actually fell and cut him arm pretty bad. He did this while he was RUNNING down the mountain...Silly boys.

Here is a little video Matt made about our "hike"!




We stayed at a hotel about 5 min away from the base of the mountain. We swam in the indoor pool from which we received many scrapes, played in the overly bubbly and blazing hot hot tub, had 3 noses that were burned on the inside from sniffing too much in the sauna, bags of popcorn, and The Dark Knight and Star Wars movies! So many good memories. Overall, it was such an amazing weekend!!