A little trip to remember

My brother graduates boot camp next week. I am really upset that I can't be there for him.So, I talked to my grandmother today and told her that I wanted to go down to see him in Georgia with her. She then replied to me with a stern "No, only your grandfather and I are going". Excuse me? My brother wanted me to pin on his blue cord at the ceremony, and now my grandfather gets to do it. I don't think so. There is no way that he deserves to do that. He has never been there for my brother, like ever. Tommy and I are very close, and for someone to tell me that I can't go down and watch him graduate boot camp just ruffles my feathers. I talk to my brother everyday, and he is really torn up that I won't be able to see him graduate. My mom said that we can plan a party for him for when he comes home. Ok, yes, I planned on doing that anyway. Ugh I just get so frustrated talking about it. I can't get over the fact that my grandfather is going to be doing something so big for my brother. Something that I was supposed to do. But everything happens for a reason, right? I can't sit here and get all bent out of shape over this anymore. It is what it is, and there's no way that I am going to be able to change it, unfortunately. So here was my rambling for the day!! It's just about a girl!

shawna marie